Blog Archive

Monday 2 April 2012

Dirty Gary

I have already explained the nature and background of the ghost 'Dirty Gary' and have described, to a certain extent, how I feel about his vile presence. Today, unfortunately, I found myself seeking his counsel, his advice and worse, his help. I knew he was usually ti be found lurking near a wall of the Southsea Police Station, the wall the formed the edge of the female officers shower room. I loitered in the general vicinity knowing full well that if I was discovered I would be branded a perverse voyeur and summarily arrested, nothing to do with the wall more the small window that opened into the room. I waited for a while, until I could hear the muted conversation of a number of female voices as they finished their shift. I felt a shift in the air between me and the wall, I felt something move behind me, I turned quickly. A face, a distorted greasy face, with a leering grin and blackened teeth grinned back at me. We were almost nose to nose, I could smell Gary's foul corruption.
'Mister Grayson. 'ave I been 'eating some fucking bad shit about you?' He sneered as he twitched and jerked, his insubstantial body moving in short sharp movements as if driven by bursts of electrical current.

'What have you heard Gary?' I asked walking away from the wall, towards the main road.

'I've 'eard that you 'ave the sight and are willing to use it. Sell it to those that'll see us all dead.'

We now found ourselves standing in the midst of a stand of bushes that separated the police station from an area of park land.

'Who told you that Gary?' I snapped, feeling far angrier than I sounded.

His black smile widened into a horrid grin, the black stumps of his teeth made me feel physically sick.

'Someone you know. Someone who knows you.' He responded slowly. I remained silent allowing him hs moment of triumph. 'Someone is...' he paused again, 'Simon.'

It worked, his build up and delivery left me cold and shocked.

'I don't know a Simon.' I barked, far too quickly and with far too much denial. He licked his teeth with almost sexual delight.

'Well he fucking knows you Mister Grayson.'

I need time. Time to think and more importantly time to build more courage to talk to Dirty Gary, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment